Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking. Prep/cook times include chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 ounce each)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped, toasted
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Add sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour over cooled brownies.
- In another saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil.
- Spoon over the filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Dang!! I thought there for a minute I would get to post this recipe as I was looking under 'almond joy brownie' recipe and the 3 that showed up were not the same but then I thought okay just in case try searching for almond coconut brownies. I haven't cooked this myself but my mother in law has made it for me several times and it is TO DIE FOR!!!! If you love almond joy you are gonna love this recipe, rich decadent and everything a coconut and chocolate lover could hope for.