Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking. Prep/cook times include chilling time.
Make and share this Almond Coconut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 ounce each)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped, toasted
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Add sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour over cooled brownies.
- In another saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil.
- Spoon over the filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 dozen.