Recipe by Kerena
From BettyCrocker.com..."Blogger Brooke McLay from Cheeky Kitchen gives easy cookie bars a seriously delicious makeover with the help of coconut and candy bars. " The recipe notes "These bars are great when made the night before, and they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days"
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package oatmeal cookie mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spread coconut in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix and melted butter. Press in bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle chopped candy bars over crust. Top with toasted coconut, almonds and chocolate chips. Drizzle with condensed milk.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.