Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet, gooey and delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Crust: Mix flour and sugar.
- Cut in the margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly into a greased and floured 9 inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Topping: Combine eggs, sugar, surup, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat together.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.
Yes, definitely gooey when done (after 25 min.) Do not be decieved into thinking that it is not cooked. Simply delicatable. Great with powdered sugar on top.
MaeEast this is a great recipe! So easy to make! I love the topping on this one!! I followed this recipe all the way through and it worked out great. Thank you!
exactly as you described-sweet, gooey, delicious! even the last few crumbs were good!