- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix flour and sugar.
- Cut in the margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly into a greased and floured 9 inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Topping: Combine eggs, sugar, surup, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat together.
- Stir in the nuts and coconut.
- Spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.