Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellant recipe from the Ontario Milk Board. A quick and easy recipe for boneless chicken breasts. I buy almond whole and grind them in a coffee grinder myself for the best freshness.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (100 g) package ground almonds
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Roll chicken breasts in flour,then dip in beaten egg, then roll in ground almonds.
- Melt a small amount of butter in large frypan. Saute coated chicken breasts in batches until golden and cooked through, adding more butter to pan as needed. Set aside and keep chicken warm.
- Melt a little more butter in same frypan. Saute onion until tender, blend in the 2 tablespoons flour and poultry seasoning.
- Gradually add the milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marmalade, grated orange rind and orange juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve pour sauce over chicken breasts.