Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crispy pan fried fish with an almond and parmesan coating
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 (6 ounce) basa fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a bowl combine ground almonds, parmesan cheese and spices.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg with buttermilk. Set aside.
- Pat fish fillets dry. Coat in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip fish fillets in egg mixture, then almond mixture and gently press almond mixture on fish.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fish fillets for 3-5 minutes per side or until fish is opagque and flakes easily with a fork.
Yummyyyy! Will make it again and again!
Yum! I grounded up some sliced almonds using a food processor. I used whole milk instead of buttermilk and I didn't have ceyenne so I busted out the red pepper flakes. Very easy and everyone in the family loved it!
The coating was good and so was the fish, unfortunately for my recipe the coating fell off during cooking. :)