- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 (6 ounce) basa fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine ground almonds, parmesan cheese and spices.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg with buttermilk. Set aside.
- Pat fish fillets dry. Coat in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip fish fillets in egg mixture, then almond mixture and gently press almond mixture on fish.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fish fillets for 3-5 minutes per side or until fish is opagque and flakes easily with a fork.