Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
nice on their own, or serve as a topping on a dish of ice cream.
Make and share this Almond Clusters recipe from Food.com.
- 3 egg whites
- 6 ounces superfine sugar
- 8 ounces flaked almonds
- 3 drops almond essence
- 2 ounces chocolate, melted
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff gradually whisk in all of the sugar until thick and glossy.
- Fold in almonds and the essence.
- Place small mounds of the mixture onto a baking tray that has been lined with non stick baking paper.
- Bake at 325F for 35 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Place the melted chocolate into a piping bag and pipe swirls of it onto the top of the clusters.