This is a recipe for one of King Arthur Flour's best-selling cookies. They are chewy-crisp cookie with an intense almond flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Blend the almond paste and sugar until the mixture forms fine crumbs; this is best done in a stand mixer.
- Add the egg whites gradually, while mixing, to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in the flavorings.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle the cookies heavily with confectioners' sugar, then use three fingers to press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're brown around the edges. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool right on the pan.
I made these cookies again yesterday and was quickly reminded of why they are so well liked...they are just so blasted tasty!!!
Amazing! My all time favorite cookie. The Unicersity Club in St Louis served a very similar cookie and I have been looking for years for a copy cat recipe and this is it! Crunchy, chewy and full of almond flavor.