Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A lovely dessert tart. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Prep time doesn't include 1 hour resting the dough.
- 2 cups plain flour (sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- 350 g fresh ricotta (sieved)
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Combine the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the butter, zest and egg yolks.
- Work the flour into the ingredients until a smooth dough forms. Wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Beat the ricotta and sugar with electric beaters.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the zest and the chopped almonds.
- Preheat oven to 180C(350F).
- Brush a 20cm fluted flan tin with melted butter.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line the prepared tin with pastry. Trim the top of the pastry by rolling over the flan tin with a rolling pin.
- Pour the prepared filling in and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and bake for 55 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool to room temperature. Remove from tin and dust the top with icing sugar. Serve chilled or room temperature.
This was very yummy. Something to look forward too after a hot day in the sun. I made this for Zaar World Tour 05