Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty muffins. From the all-bran.com website.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (original, NOT flakes)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (I use 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together cereal, milk, sugar, orange juice, orange peel and almond extract. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper bake cups. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake at 400F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- To toast almonds: Spread in a single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes until light golden brown. Watch carefully and stir once or twice to avoid burning.