Out of the Blue's Note:
Very tasty muffins. From the all-bran.com website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (original, NOT flakes)
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (I use 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- 1In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, stir together cereal, milk, sugar, orange juice, orange peel and almond extract. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- 3Spoon batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper bake cups. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- 4Bake at 400F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- 5To toast almonds: Spread in a single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes until light golden brown. Watch carefully and stir once or twice to avoid burning.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Citrus Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g