This is a sweet version of an Impossible Pie. It's very easy to make and can be made successfully using a glutenfree flour blend. Serve chilled. This tart has a moist dense texture with great flavours. Really any combination of citrus can be used for this recipe -lemons, limes, madarines, orange *To make this dish gluten free- ensure gluten free flour and icing /confectioners sugar are used*
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees centigrade.
- Grease a 24cm pie dish. (The pie will totally fill this dish). You can use a smaller pie dish with high sides or any oven-proof dish large enough to take the mixture.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process for one minute.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie dish and bake 30-40 minutes. When cooked the top will be golden and the filling should be just a little wobbly when the dish is shaken.
- The tart will continue to set as it cools. Serve the tart chilled and dust with icing sugar just prior to serving.
- (Note: to toast the almonds- add them to a dry non-stick frypan and stir over heat until lightly golden and toasted.).