Recipe by stormylee
Cinnamon rolls made even more delicious with almond paste and slivered almonds! As always, you can use dry yeast instead of fresh if you prefer - adjust the temperature of the milk and butter mixture accordingly. The recipe doubles well.
Top Review by Acerast
These rolls are great! My DD and I made these together. The dough was so soft and easy to work with - just right for a youngster (or oldster like me) to have great success. The slight taste of cardamom was very nice and of course anything cinnamon or almond is wonderful so the combination was a winner. We will make these again very soon. Thanks stormylee!
- 60 g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml sugar
- 700 -800 ml all-purpose flour
- 50 g butter, softened
- 100 g almond paste, chopped
- 50 g sugar (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- slivered almonds
- pearl sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble yeast into a bowl.
- Melt butter, add milk and gently heat the mixture to 37°C
- Pour over yeast and mix until yeast has dissolved.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, salt and sugar and stir; add about 200 ml of the flour and stir.
- Add most of the remaining flour and knead dough by hand, adding flour if needed, until the dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to the bowl nor to your hand.
- Sprinkle some flour on top and cover: let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Lightly flour the baking board and turn the dough on it.
- Roll dough out to a ~30 x 40 cm rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter on the dough, sprinkle chopped almond paste, sugar and cinnamon over the butter.
- Roll the dough up tightly and cut into 4 cm slices. Place rolls on a parchmented baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with slivered almonds and pearl sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cover the rolls while cooling.