Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
A browned-butter drizzle takes these super-simple cookies to the next level.
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml blanched almond, ground
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
BROWNED BUTTER DRIZZLE
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking soda, cream of tarter, and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in ground almonds. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, or scoop dough with a 1-inch cookie scoop. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 13 minutes or until cookies are light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- Drizzle cookies with Browned Butter Drizzle.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until butter turns the color of light brown sugar, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency.
Annacia dear - you have a truly wonderful cookie recipe here! I took some (not all of course) to work to share and everyone is raving about these gems. They are a firm/crisp cookie in the end which makes it a fantastic dunking cookie for those coffee addicts like me. I tried one warm from the oven and it immediately reminded me of a snickerdoodle without all the sweetness but then you put that glaze on them and boy does that take it over the top! Don't skip that glaze! Found and made for Rookie Tag Game. Thanks for a keeper!