Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from my Mom when she gave me her cookie press.Updated the ingredients alittle. These are very light, kinda melt in your mouth.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- green food coloring
- 1 small decorating decorative candies or 1 small colored crystal sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour& baking powder.
- Set aside.
- Cream margerine,shortening& sugar.
- Beat in egg& almond extract.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Tint dough with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Mix well.
- Fill a cookie press.
- Use the tree plate.
- form cookies on a ungreased cookie sheets.
- decorate with the candies,or colored sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minute.
- Remove at once to cooling racks.
- 6 dozen cookies.