Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This no bake chocolate dessert,has a tasty almond crust and a smooth filling thats almost a mousse. It is so simple to make ahead of time. I make it for Christmas with a raspberry sauce.Beautiful presentation. SOOOO GOOD...
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (1oz each)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of almonds for garnish.
- Chop remaining,sprinkle into greased 9" spring form pan.
- Melt chocolate,microwave or stovetop.cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar.
- In small saucepan dissolve gelatin in the water,set aside for 1 minute.Then cook and stir till all dissolved.
- Beat gelatin mixture into cheese mixture.
- Add chocolate,beat till well blended.
- Whip cream.
- Fold in whipped cream or gentley mix, well.
- Pour into spring form pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved almonds.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- This dessert also freezes well. Will keep for up to 3 months.Serve with or without sauce.
- I like the raspberry sauce #33624,and spoon a generous amount over the torte slices.Looks like I spent hours in the making.But,only took a few minutes -- .