3 hrs 30 mins
Care to add another treat to those hostess trays? I discovered this recipe In Virginia Living Magazine. Serving size is approximate depending on the size toffee pieces you desire. Cook time reflects cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine butter and sugar over low heat, and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reaches 290 degrees.
- 4Stir in the coarsely chopped almonds.
- 5Immediately pour into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- 6Allow mixture stand until set but still warm, 15 minutes or so.
- 7Arrange chocolate on top of warm toffee, and spread with a spatula as it melts.
- 8Sprinkle with the more finely chopped almonds, pressing them lightly into the chocolate.
- 10Break into bite sized pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Chocolate Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g