Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Care to add another treat to those hostess trays? I discovered this recipe In Virginia Living Magazine. Serving size is approximate depending on the size toffee pieces you desire. Cook time reflects cooling time.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter and sugar over low heat, and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reaches 290 degrees.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped almonds.
- Immediately pour into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Allow mixture stand until set but still warm, 15 minutes or so.
- Arrange chocolate on top of warm toffee, and spread with a spatula as it melts.
- Sprinkle with the more finely chopped almonds, pressing them lightly into the chocolate.
- Break into bite sized pieces.