Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Taste of Home
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 -3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars, cocoa and extracts until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Great cookies, although I didn't have any almonds, I used chopped peanuts and that worked fine. They were crunchy on the out side and soft in the centre ... Perfect. Made heaps, but were gone in less than a day lol
Made for Au/NZ swap 44,
Delicious!! I loved this and would make it again.
Chocolately Good! I added 1/2 cup slivered almonds for crunchiness and baked them for 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Turned out perfect. For the chocoholics! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ 2008 Swap #22 Event. Thanks for sharing, Sarah!