Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I found this recipe - but I jotted it down because the ingredients were a bit different. This is not an overly sweet cake, has only a little chocolate, and I love the flavor the yogurt brings.
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried apricot
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously butter 10-inch Bundt pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar, morsels, cocoa, coffee granules, apricots and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is completely smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Spread half the nut mixture on top; repeat layers.
- Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully turning cake out onto rack. Serve warm with powdered sugar sifted lightly over the top, if desired.