Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocolate chip and toasted almond Christmas cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6 ounces) or 1 cup mini chocolate chip (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds on baking sheet, and bake, stirring frequently, until golden brown (8-10 minutes).
- Remove almonds from pan; set aside and let cool.
- Turn oven up to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg until well blended; then beat in liquer.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate and almonds with a spoon.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) of dough 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are golden brown (8-10 minutes).
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire rack and let cool completely.
These are fantastic cookies! They don't stick around very long! We used coffee liqueur instead of almond and they tasted great.