Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this cookies with oil instead of butter, and also without baking soda/powder. So it's dairy-free and additive-free. My kids love this, and it's a bit healthier.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil (I use canola oil)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup whole almond, roasted and crushed
- - Mix with spoon flour, chocolate chips and almonds.
- - In another bowl mix with electric mixer egg, oil, sugar and salt until thick and the consistency resemble to mayonnaise.
- - Add the flour mix into the egg mix. Fold with spatula, just until all wet.
- - Put the dough in the fridge at about 15 minutes, while we heat up the oven to 170°C.
- - Line a cookie tin with a baking paper.
- - With two teaspoons make a ball of dough and put onto the the tin. You can press the dough a little with your finger to make it wider if you like.
- - Bake about 10 minutes.
- - Take out from the oven and let it cool. The first time they took out from the oven they might seems a bit soft, but after cooled it will be harden a bit. It will be chewy inside and crunchy on top.
This recipe is horrible! my family hated it! there is no taste! ugh...i don't ever want to make this again.
Just made this today! It was perfect. I didn't add the Almonds, just the Chocolate Chips.