Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I wish I could remember where I got all these recipes from, they're stored in the little index card box I use in my kitchen. ... oh well.. lol.. they're still yummy!
- 3⁄4 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon margarine (softened) or 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Make 1 1/2-pound recipe for bread machines that use 3 cups flour, or make 1-pound recipe for bread machines that use 2 cups flour.
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except almonds in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Add almonds at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Do not use delay cycles.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.