Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this from a cookbook some time ago, though I'm not sure where now.
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons margarine (softened) or 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Make 1 1/2-pound recipe for bread machines that use 3 cups flour, or make 1-pound recipe for bread machines that use 2 cups flour.
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except almonds in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add almonds at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Do not use delay cycles.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.