1/1 Photo of Almond Chocolate Cake with Ganache
Miss Erin's Note:
This is a very rich cake, I like it best served a little warm. This is from the cookbook Chocolate Cake by Michele Urvater.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blanched almond, finely ground
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 13 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1Heat oven to 350, grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- 2sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl, add the almonds, combine with a whisk and set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the butter for about 1 minute, or until the butter is lighter in color.
- 4Slowly add the sugar, about 2 Tbls at a time.
- 5When all of the sugar is added, continue to beat for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed; the mixture will look fluffy like something between mayonnaise and whipped cream.
- 6Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 10 seconds between each addition.
- 7Add the melted chocolate and honey and beat for a few seconds until smooth.
- 8With a rubber spatula, fold the sifted ingredients into the batter in 3 segments, alternating with the buttermilk which is added 1/2 cup at a time.
- 9Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture looks smooth.
- 10Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 11Bake for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 12Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- 14Heat the cream on the stove until just under a boil.
- 15Pour the heated cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
- 16Stir until the chocolate is all melted and thouroughly combined into the cream.
- 17Frost the top of the cake only with the ganache while the cake is still warm.
- 18Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Chocolate Cake with Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g