1/1 Photo of Almond Chocolate Biscotti
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Lisa Pizza's Note:
There's nothing better than a hot cup of joe and a crispy biscotti. Unless, of course, you're enjoying them at a cafe in Italy! :) I was always intimidated to make these, but found them to be a sinch to make and can't wait to try them again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all ingredients at room temp.
- 2To toast almonds, heat oven to 300 degrees F, place single layer of almonds on sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- 3Watch carefully as nuts burn quickly.
- 4Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- 6Whisk to combine.
- 7Add almonds and stir to mix.
- 8In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and extract at medium speed.
- 9Add the eggs and beat until smooth- 2 minutes.
- 10Using a large spoon, stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until just combined.
- 11Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- 12With well floured hands (you will get sticky), shape the dough into a log 13 inches by 2 1/2 inches wide.
- 13Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 14Transfer the log to the paper.
- 15Gently flattern and reshape the log to 14 inches by 3 inches and 3/4 inches high.
- 16Bake the log until it is dry and slightly firm to the touch- about 30-35 minutes.
- 17Remove the pan from the oven to a cooling rack.
- 18Reduce oven temp to 275.
- 19Allow the log to cool for 15 minutes.
- 20Carefully place log onto cutting surface and peel away parchment and put paper back on sheet.
- 21With a serrated knife,'saw' the log into 3/4 inch slices- about 18.
- 22Place the slices cut side down onto baking sheet.
- 23Bake until dry and crisp 30-35 minutes.
- 24Remove from oven and allow to cool completely- 1 1/2 hours.
- 25They will continue to harden as they cool.
- 26They will store in an airtight container for one week.
- 27Optional: Drizzle thin streams of melted chocolate onto one end of the cookies.
- 28Mandatory: Dip prepared cookie into steaming hot coffee and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Chocolate Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (788 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 69.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g