Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I grabbed this from a recipe book at my mother's when I was raiding her cookbook collection. It sounds like it could be good for a party and is a change from the savory cheese balls. The book suggests serving it with ginger snaps and vanilla wafers. Cooking time does not include overnight chilling time.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Toast almonds in a skillet briefly while stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Mix all ingredients, except almonds, together.
- Form into a large cheese ball or two small ones.
- Roll in almonds.
- Refrigerate overnight.