Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried these yet; I'm not big on sweets, but they looked good for when I do get that occasional craving.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) cansolo brand almond filling (or Baker brand almond filling)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 300°F Grease 13x9" baking pan; set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and eggs in medium bowl with electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Add almond filling; beat until blended. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; fold into almond mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2" x 1.5" bars. Dust with powdered sugar.
These are delicious, but don't eat too many, they're a little too sweet for that.