Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful recipe full of nutrients from the bed of spinach and protein from the chicken. This dish combines several flavors for a great tasting lunch or dinner. Adapted from a popular weight loss tracking website.
- 2 cups asparagus tips, diagonally cut
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- spinach leaves
- Steam the asparagus tips for 2 minutes or until crisp but tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, curry, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.
- Add the steamed asparagus, chicken, bell peppers, cilantro and almonds. Toss to coat with dressing. Serve on fresh spinach leaves.
Delicious! I added both the asparagus tips and a bit of the stalk. I roasted the asparagus for about 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven rather than steaming. And I used "short-cuts" grilled chicken breast to make this an easy weeknight dinner. I also sprinkled the almonds on top. I can't wait to make this in the spring when both asparagus & cilantro will be overflowing in my vegetable garden. I will post a picture this weekend.
Hi, I know I'm supposed to be picking things from the tag game; however I had to try this and I am always too late to get your name. It is wonderful. I served it over rice instead of spinach only becuase I had my servings of fruit and veggies for the day but was lacking in the fibre department. It is an absolutely quick tasty weekday meal. I had to poach the chicken first,and even with that it was under 30 minutes. I have taken a picture and will post it soon I have a couple more pictures to post this week, so I'm going to download them all at once. To everyone out there: TRY THIS!!!!!