Rose's Granddaughter's Note:
Very fresh flavor with slightly sweet taste and a crunch thanks to the almonds and celery. I love to make a huge batch of this and keep it in the fridge for sandwiches for the week. Tastes great on croissants and is always a hit at parties when I serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisin, snipped
- 1 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, best foods brand
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, California style blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash salt
- 1In large bowl, stir together chicken, celery raisins and almonds.
- 2Add remaining ingredients.
- 3Mix well and chill in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
- 4Serve on croissant rolls or toasted pita bread.
- 5Use a food processor for a creamier texture.
- 7TIME SAVER: While cooking chicken, prepare the rest of the ingredients. When chicken is done, cool on stove-top and serve. Okay if slightly warm. Also clean up cooking area if you are waiting for chicken to cool.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Chicken Salad for Dips & Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: