Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
Very fresh flavor with slightly sweet taste and a crunch thanks to the almonds and celery. I love to make a huge batch of this and keep it in the fridge for sandwiches for the week. Tastes great on croissants and is always a hit at parties when I serve it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, snipped
- 1 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, best foods brand
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, California style blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir together chicken, celery raisins and almonds.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and chill in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on croissant rolls or toasted pita bread.
- Use a food processor for a creamier texture.
- TIME SAVER: While cooking chicken, prepare the rest of the ingredients. When chicken is done, cool on stove-top and serve. Okay if slightly warm. Also clean up cooking area if you are waiting for chicken to cool.