Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Taste of Home Magazine. Chicken, grapes, and almonds make a wonderful combination!
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Stir in almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate and add the almonds just before serving.
- Garnish with kiwi if desired.
- **Cooking time does not include cooking the chicken or boiling the eggs.
I've been making this recipe for years, and it is by far the best chicken salad ever! Thanks for posting it because I always loose my copy!
This is really an outstanding chicken salad! I made exactly as directed and I wouldn't change a thing! We enjoyed this as a salad, but would also be good served on crackers as an appetizer or on bread with lettuce for a sandwich. Juenessa, you really have some excellent recipes! Thank you so much for sharing : )