Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was printed in BHG's Prize Tested Recipes, May, 1994. It certainly has been a winner with my family and friends...kudo's to Judy Acheson who created it and won $100 bucks! I am posting it here for fear of losing the cut out magazine page. This is such a refreshing meal in the summer time served with some good bread and a green salad. The recipe makes 10 main dish servings. I have made the recipe X5 for events and it always gets compliments. The only changes I make from what is printed here is I double the amount of grapes and celery. Prep time includes cooking, cooling and dicing the chicken and chopping all of the other ingredients while chicken is cooking. Cooking time is chilling time in fridge. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 apples, cored and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta or 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup celery, bias cut
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded or zested
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- lime slice (optional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- avocado, slices (optional)
- sweet red pepper, diced (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, apples, cooked pasta, pinneapple, grapes, celery and onion.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sesame seeds, lime peel, lime juice, honey, gingerroot, and salt.
- Pour over the pasta mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve, if necessary, add several tablespoons of milk to moisten. Toss gently.
- Serve on lettuce lined plates. Top with almonds. If desired, garnish with lime slices, avocado, and red sweet pepper.