Recipe by jkoch960
Very rich and filling, this cheesy almond and rice casserole is great for potlucks and family gatherings.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 cups water chestnuts, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed round buttery crackers
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a large pan over medium heat, stir together cream of chicken soup and broth. Stir in chicken, water chestnuts, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Stir in celery, onion salt and rice. Combine well, then pour into a casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in crushed crackers and stir to coat with butter. Pour crackers over the top of casserole. Then sprinkle almonds and shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted; about 30 minutes.