Almond Chicken Appetizers
- In medium bowl, mix together egg white, soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves; stir chicken pieces into mixture.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, chicken broth, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, the baking soda, almonds and almond extract; stir chicken into batter until well coated.
- In wok, heat 1 1/2-inches oil to 350°F.
- Fry chicken pieces, about fifteen at a time, turning frequently, until light brown (2-3 minutes); drain on paper towels.
- Increase oil temperature to 375°F.
- Fry chicken all at once until golden brown (1 minute); drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce.