Recipe by Rooster_814
This is a recipe that has been in my family for many years. It is counted as a favorite with my husband and kids. Very quick and easy prep.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- parmesan cheese
- sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and add soups and milk. Reserve 1 C soup mixture. Add rice to remaining soup mixture. Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Cut chicken breasts into thirds and place on top of rice and soup. Pour remaining cup of soup over all. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley and almonds on top. Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. Check after one hour and stir rice.
- **Sometimes I like to make this with lower fat content. When I do I decrease the amount of rice by 1/2 C, eliminate 1 can of cream of chicken soup and add in the place 1 1/2 C chicken broth and leave out the butter and almonds. It is still very creamy and very tasty. I also use lowfat cream soups.