Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker International cookbook. It has quite a bit of flavor has a good crunchiness on the outside. It is Pakistani inspired. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (bone in)
- Pulse the first three ingredient in a food processor until they are in small bits and pieces.
- Mix in the remaining spices and salt.
- Pour almond mixture onto a platter and roll the chicken breasts in it coating all sides.
- Place chicken in glass 13x9 pan and bake in a a 375F oven for about an hour or until each breast is done all the way through.
This is an amazing chicken recipe! I used boneless skinless breasts, otherwise made as directed and wouldn't change a thing. I cooked the chicken for 45 minutes and it was so moist and juicy and the crust was delicious. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
I made this using boneless, skinless breasts and decreased cooking time to about half an hour. The chicken didn't dry out and the flavor was nice.
This was OK. It's good with Helmans olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free as it is kind of like chicken strips. I followed the recipe exactly using sweet paprika, we dont like hot spicy. It was a pretty good meal served along with Rosemary & Garlic Oven Fries, corn free ketchup from the health food store and Agourontomatosalata. I wont make this again. Made for Ramadan Tag.