Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Adopted in the Great RecipeZaar Adoption of 2005. Hope to make and update soon.
Top Review by Susang
Made this exactly to recipe specifications. Did double the almond and cornstarch mixture and was glad I did otherwise I wouldn't have had enough. Served it with Mean Chef's Perfect Rice Everytime #53520. Made some chicken gravy also so it was like the almond chicken in Chinese restaurants. Very good, although with the deep frying, I would eat it in moderation.
- 3 chicken breasts, boned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken for 20 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Mix chopped almonds with corn starch.
- Beat egg white and dip in chicken.
- Preheat oil to 350F in a deep fryer or large saucepan.
- Roll chicken pieces in cornstarch mixture and deep fry until golden brown.