Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An oriental-styled fragrant chicken meal: no more take-out! Prep time includes marination time.
Make and share this Almond Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 5 slices fresh gingerroot
- 3 green onions, chopped to about 1-inch lengths
- 1 green pepper, chopped as above
- 1⁄2 cup diced bamboo shoot
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dice chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine marinade ingredients, add chicken and mix well.
- Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in wok, add chicken and stir fry until browned.
- Remove chicken and drain well.
- Stir fry ginger, onion, pepper and bamboo shoots for about 1 minute, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl, mix well and add to wok.
- Bring to boil.
- Add chicken to boiling sauce.
- Stir fry chicken until coated with sauce.
- Add almonds, mix well and serve hot.
- Deep fry slivered almonds in vegetable oil for 2 to 3 minutes to crisp them up.
- Drain well on paper towel.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
I have a favorite Chinese takeout and my husband ALWAYS orders Almond Chicken.This was dead on and above. MUCH fresher and taster than takeout. I did marinate it for about 2 hours, and instead of vegtable oil used peanut oil (higher smoking point). Fantastic recipe.
What better compliment than from my wife. She does not care for poultry and she said it was amazing. I really liked it well. You will find that it is rare for me to give out a perfect score.... I believe those should be reserved for truely exceptional dishes. This is one.
Excellent...who needs takeout with a recipe like this? I used whole almonds and the alternate method of frying them seperate. Very flavorful...it's a hit!