Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Found this on the inside label of SOLO almond filling. I haven't tried these, but they sound good. If anyone out there gets around to these before I do, let me know how they turn out:)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can solo almond filling
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Grease a 13x9" baking pan or line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the sugar and eggs together with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the almond filling; beat until blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; fold into the almond mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into 2x1 1/2" bars.