Recipe by bmcnichol
I will be making this as a gift for Valentine's Day. I haven't tried it yet but it looks great. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I did follow your recipe, I had to substitute dried cherries for the candied kind, but other than that . . . I almost always love a chocolate-&-cherry combo any way it's served up, & this fudge is wonderful, & although I did share it with several neighbors, I probably could have devoured most of it myself! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for sticking with Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup candied red cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8-in. square pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and milk.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the almonds, cherries and extract.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.