Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wanted to post this so the recipe won't get lost. Got it from the coupon section.
- 3 cups granola cereal (your favorite choice)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving excess paper on edges.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spread into pan, pressing firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pull on parchment paper to remove from pan and cut into 24 bars while still warm.
How about these great bars! Sooo very nice! I, too, used peanut butter [the chunky kind] instead of the almond butter, then cut back a bit on the honey! Outstanding taste & well worth keeping the recipe around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for Zaar Stars Recipe Tag Game]
These are great bars! I used peanut butter like the other reviewer did as well. Also I cut back on the honey since I do not like overly sweet granola bars. I had to wait quite a bit to cut them because they were super soft for about after they were done baking. After I allowed them to cool for like 2 hours in the fridge I was able to cut them with ease. Great bars I plan on making much more often!
Found it a little sweet; next time I would cut back on the honey. Also I couldn't get wheat germ, so i used hemp protien powder and it worked well (but made it look green). Thanks the putting this one up.