Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Wanted to post this so the recipe won't get lost. Got it from the coupon section.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
How about these great bars! Sooo very nice! I, too, used peanut butter [the chunky kind] instead of the almond butter, then cut back a bit on the honey! Outstanding taste & well worth keeping the recipe around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for Zaar Stars Recipe Tag Game]
- 3 cups granola cereal (your favorite choice)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving excess paper on edges.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and spread into pan, pressing firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pull on parchment paper to remove from pan and cut into 24 bars while still warm.