Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ps This is easy. Cherries yum. What can I say...
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour pie filling into dish spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, sugar cinnamon.
- Add& mix in melted margarine and almond extract.
- Spread over pie filling.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake 30 minutes or till top is golden.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
I doubled the recipe and used 1/2 of the amount of sugar called for. Served with vanilla bean ice cream. I prepared the dry mix ahead of time. I used butter instead of margarine, froze the butter, then grated it into the dry mix right before I was ready to assemble and bake. Everybody loved it! Thanks for posting.
Made this sugar free and it turned out great...everyone loved it
This was very good and very easy. I served it with vanilla ice cream over the top. Thank Katha for a new quick favorite.