Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick, scrumptious breakfast will have you enjoying cereal like it's a special treat! It's healthy, filling and satisfying.
- 3⁄4-1 cup bran flakes (I use organic multigrain flakes)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons almond butter (can use natural, or the honey-sweetened variety)
- 1⁄2 large banana, sliced into half moons
- 8 cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- Put the cereal flakes in a bowl and dollop the almond butter on top. (If the almond butter is stiff from refrigeration, you might want to nuke it a few seconds to make it softer & easier to stir in.)
- Add the soymilk and stir everything around. You'll probably need two spoons for this, and there will be clumps of almond butter and flakes- this is normal, it won't all stir up uniformly. (These clumps are the tastiest part!).
- Dump the fruit on top, and quickly stir it inches Enjoy!
I used Raisin Bran and so enjoyed this cereal! I used dried cherries and loved the addition of the almond butter! Thanks for a great breakfast!
What a winner you have here Amber. I think the best part for me was the addition of the Almond butter. I used the natural kind that I buy from Costco. I thought I would have to add some type of sweetner, but after tasting it, it didn't need a thing more. I used raspberries instead of cherries, but I"m sure any type of fruit would be excellent. Like I say, it was the almond butter for me, but then again, I'm a p.b. freak!!! I'm so glad I tagged this for PRMR.!~