Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from a Mug 'ems cookbook...great for gifts!
- 4 tablespoons vanilla wafer crumbs or 4 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Recipient Ingredients (1 coffee mug 12 ounce capacity minimum and oven proof)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- In a small bowl, combine cookie or cracker crumbs, 1 tbl sugar and cinnamon; mix well and place in a small ziploc bag and seal.
- Place sealed bag in mug.
- In another ziploc bag, combine flour, remaining 4 tbl sugar and sliced almonds.
- Place inside mug with other bag.
- Decorate mug and attach a gift tag with the following directions:.
- ALMOND CHEESECAKE.
- 2 Tbl butter, melted.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract.
- 1 TBL sour cream.
- 1 TBL whole milk or half and half.
- Almond Cheesecake/Crust Mix.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- To make crust, combine melted butter and contents of bag containing crumbs.
- Mix well and press mixture into the bottom and halfway up sides of lightly greased mug.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine contents of remaining mix bag, cream cheese, egg yolk, extract, sour cream and milk.
- Mix for 1 minute or until smooth.
- When crust is done, reduce heat to 325*; Allow crust to cool slightly & then pour cream cheese mixture into crust in mug.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.