Recipe by Sam #3
These brownies are heavenly! Diet destruction for brownie and cheesecake lovers!
Top Review by ChefAliD
These brownies are delicious. So moist and flavorful. The cheesecake mixture has just the right amount of almond flavoring. I have also made them before using box brownie mix and they turn out amazing that way too. And I swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie mix which gives them a very pretty look.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces cold cream cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. With a wooden spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Add 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla, beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- In a small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, gradually beat in remaining sugar. Beat in remaining egg, almond extract and vanilla until just blended.
- Spread 1/2 of the chocolate batter in prepared pan. Spoon creamcheese mixture in large dollops on top of chocolate. Spread remaining chocolate batter over cream cheese mixture. "Marble" with a butter knife by swirling the knife in broad strokes.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.