Recipe by xpnsve
These are yummy frozen slices of cheesecake dipped in chocolate and then smothered in almonds (and caramel and whatever else your heart desires!). I got this recipe from the back of a postcard that was sent to me by a local realtor. Very quick and tasty treat!
- 2 (5 ounce) bags almonds (chopped and toasted)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 whole cheesecake (frozen)
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- In separate bowls, combine each chocolate with 2 tablespoons shortening and melt in microwave for 60 seconds (or until melted together).
- Stir and heat ever 30 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Let cool a little, but keep warm.
- Insert a popsicle stick into a frozen piece of cheesecake and dip into chocolate.
- Twirl to remove excess.
- Quickly sprinkle nuts on all sides.
- Place on wax paper and transfer immediately to freezer to set.