Recipe by Janet Alexander
This recipe I got from my daughter-in-law (one smart cook) the first time I visited their new home and have fixed it so many times since. It is so easy and quick that I can whip it up in a blink of an eye and the almond flavoring is super.
Top Review by starrynight
This recipe is so good! I don't have a springform pan, so I adapted it into a pie. The recipe was ridiculously easy (which was good because I've never made cheesecake before). I used low fat cream cheese and condensed milk, topped it with canned cherries, and it was fabulous! I'm already planning the next time I'm going to make it. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine graham crackers crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into springform pan.
- Beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Add eggs and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45- 50 minutes.
- Cool and chill.
- Serve plain or with your favorite topping.
- This can be done very quickly and simply by putting crackers, sugar and butter into a food processor.
- Blend for a minute.
- Prepare pan.
- Put cheese and milk in processor, blend.
- Add eggs and flavoring and process until thoroughly blended.
- Pour in pan.
- This whole process takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.