Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe I got from my daughter-in-law (one smart cook) the first time I visited their new home and have fixed it so many times since. It is so easy and quick that I can whip it up in a blink of an eye and the almond flavoring is super.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine graham crackers crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into springform pan.
- Beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Add eggs and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45- 50 minutes.
- Cool and chill.
- Serve plain or with your favorite topping.
- This can be done very quickly and simply by putting crackers, sugar and butter into a food processor.
- Blend for a minute.
- Prepare pan.
- Put cheese and milk in processor, blend.
- Add eggs and flavoring and process until thoroughly blended.
- Pour in pan.
- This whole process takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is so good! I don't have a springform pan, so I adapted it into a pie. The recipe was ridiculously easy (which was good because I've never made cheesecake before). I used low fat cream cheese and condensed milk, topped it with canned cherries, and it was fabulous! I'm already planning the next time I'm going to make it. Thanks!
This was a simple, easy cheesecake. I can see how it would be very simple to dress up. I used almond extract.