Prep 12 mins
Cook 7 mins
This crispy, crunchy side dish is one of our favorites.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond
- 1 bunch celery, thick sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- In lg skillet, melt butter.
- Add almonds and saute for 1 minute.
- Remove almonds with slotted spoon.
- Add all other ingredients to skillet.
- Cover and cook till crisp-tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Return almonds and mix well.
The adults in our house really liked this. The kids weren't too excited about it. I will cut the butter next time, but otherwise really liked the flavors
I cooked the celery and almonds in a little less butter and then added salt and pepper to taste. I didn't add the cooking wine. The flavor of the toasted almonds was very nice. It would be a good start to a salad with some strawberries and feta and a light dressing. I will make this one again.
The almonds and celery compliment each other well in this dish. I made as written but found it a bit too salty. There was also a lot of liquid after cooking. Nice, easy dish.