Recipe by Mirj
This is truly decadent. I do not let my kids eat as much as they want of this, but once they're not looking I allow myself to indulge.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package almond paste, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 -2 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, 2 teaspoons flour, almond paste, and eggs at medium speed until well blended (Mixture will not be smooth).
- Spoon mixture evenly into the crust lined pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 17 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and light golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the caramel topping.
- In a small bowl using wire whisk, blend remaining caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
- Stir in almonds.
- Carefully spoon over filling in pie pan.
- Return to oven.
- Bake an additional 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of chilled pie, leaving 4-inch circle in center.
- Just before serving, drizzle about 2 teaspoons of the reserved caramel topping over each piece.
- Store in refrigerator.