1/1 Photo of Almond Cakes
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, softened, plus
- 7.39 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour, plus
- additional all-purpose flour, for dusting molds
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml almond paste (not marzipan)
- 1.23 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 110Special equipment: 12 (1/8-cup) barquette molds or a mini-muffin pan with 12 (1/8-cup) muffin cups preparation.
- 2Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F Brush molds with melted butter and lightly dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
- 3Stir together flour (3 tablespoons) and salt in a small bowl.
- 4Beat together softened butter and granulated sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in almond paste and vanilla until combined well, then beat in egg until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- 5Divide batter among molds or muffin cups, spreading evenly, then transfer to a baking sheet (not necessary if using muffin pan).
- 6Bake cakes until just firm and edges are golden, about 15 minutes. Turn cakes out onto racks and cool completely, about 5 minutes. Turn cakes right side up and dust tops with confectioners sugar just before serving.
- 7Cooks' note: Cakes can be made 1 day ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g